Friday, December 18, 2015

Time Well Spent, a Farewell



I have learned a lot from my time, classmates, professors, and readings at Walden. However, a few stand out to me the most. The first enduring understanding is that bias exist all around us and that we all have bias known and unknown in carious areas of our lives. The important thing is to be aware that it exists, that its existence does not denote a "bad" person but that it identifies a place for growth in an individual. In addition to this I know understand that many of the skills I have developed over the years in teaching children applies to adults as well with one caveat, adults bring a greater catalog of experiences with them and they must be considered and incorporated in a different way than those of children. Finally, I recognize that regardless of where I find myself within the field I will always be surrounded by talented, dedicated and passionate professionals who I can look to for guidance, support, and advice. My long term goal is to educate parents and inspire and empower them to make developmentally appropriate choices for their children.
 
Over my two years I have met wonderful professionals as classmates, professors who have given spot on support and critiques to challenge me to become the strongest professional I can. Thank you to everyone for their time and attention. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors. I know you will make a difference in the lives of young children.

 
 

6 comments:

  1. Kara,
    Like you, I find myself surrounded by talented, dedicated, and passionate professionals that can help offer guidance and support. This program has reaffirmed that for me and I am glad to be part of a field where we all have a passion for doing what is best for children, families, and the community. This journey has been amazing and I am glad I have been surrounded by a bunch of professionals who are dedicated to the work they do. I have learned so much from all of you that it has helped me grow as a professional. I wish you the best and thank you so much for your support along the way and your commitment to the early childhood field!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We as professionals understanding children developing skills help us to understand how to empower their educational learning in a positive environment. Creating truly welcoming and engaging environments for families is at the heart of establishing effective communication (www.naeyc.org ). Also, develop a caring and sharing the relationship with children’s parent will contribute to a positive learning promotes good teaching practices that embrace the diverse cultures represented in the classrooms. I wish you all the best and send my blessing with your endeavors.

    https://www.naeyc.org/familyengagement/principles/2

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is necessary to give proper farewell to every person. Valet Parking Heathrow

    ReplyDelete