Saturday, November 8, 2014

Research Simulation



 The topic I have chosen for the simulation is; How can parents help establish a strong mathematical foundation before children reach school age. I choose this topic because many parents don't realize small steps that they can take to help support mathematical concepts at a young age. Many families understand the importance of reading or just do so natural as it is a common practice to read to children. When it comes to math many wait for school and teachers to begin this process. I would also like to learn about what parents can do once their children become school age. I think a challenge to this topic will be findings articles as I tend to have some trouble thinking of key words and phrases to search for in the library database. Any suggests would be appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Great topic! I actually think you will be able to find a lot of information on math with young children. I know some of NAEYC's publications have had related information. If we could help parents realize how easy it is to create math in everything they do with their children, I feel like the subject wouldn't be quite as overwhelming for many people! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am interested to see what you find out about this topic. I agree with you that many parents know the importance reading but not all parents understand what they can do to help support mathematical concepts. I actually did a parent teacher conference this week and this child has extremely high literacy skills but not as high mathematical skills. The parent even said that she was much better at working on literacy than she was working on math.

    ReplyDelete